- Heat a large pan of water on a high heat until boiling, add a large pinch of salt and cook your choice of pasta as per the directions on the packet
- While the pasta is cooking heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened (the last thing you want is burnt garlic)
- Meanwhile heat up a separate frying pan on a medium/hot heat, add the pancetta (no need to use any oil), cook until golden and crisp, then drain off the excess oil that has rendered out of the pancetta
- Whisk the egg, egg yolk, cream and Sh*t! Haban’s sauce together until combined
- Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pan you cooked it in (keep 50ml-150ml of the pasta water)
- Add the pancetta, egg mix, fried onion/mushroom mix and a little of the reserved pasta water to the cooked pasta and mix until all of the pasta is coated.
- Season to taste, serve in a bowl with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan shavings