LAMB & MINT BURGER
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 medium onion (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 5 teaspoons Twisted 7 Mint Mayhem
- 20g breadcrumbs (more if required)
- Salt & pepper (freshly milled)
1. Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened and translucent, then set aside to cool.
2. Mix the lamb, egg, Mint Mayhem, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the patty mix and again, mix thoroughly until they are evenly distributed through the mixture – if you find the mixture a little too wet add more breadcrumbs.
4. Take a tennis ball size amount of the mixture and roll into a ball, then start to flatten it in to a patty shape – at Twisted 7 we like our burgers on the thick side, however you can flatten them to whatever thickness you prefer.
5. Layer your burgers between sheets of grease proof paper and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before cooking.
6. Cook these for 5-7
minutes on each side over a medium/hot BBQ (adjust times depending on thickness
of your burger) – remember to check that your burgers are fully cooked before
enjoying in a bun with salad and a yogurt and cucumber dip…… or if you’re really
TWISTED some hotter chilli sauce!
This recipe will produce six 4oz patties.
by Twisted 7 Sauces