- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan until hot, then add the mince beef, fry until coloured and cooked through
- Drain any excess liquid and add the garlic, onions and herbs, allow to cook until the onions have softened
- Add the wine, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow the wine to reduce by 1/3 to 1/2
- Once the wine has reduced add the flour, stir and allow the flour to cook out (1-2 minutes) and the liquid to thicken
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and thoroughly mix through, now add the chopped tomatoes and the water to the pan – using the water to rinse out the remnants of the tinned tomatoes
- If you are using the pancetta and chorizo, heat two frying pans (no need for oil as both the pancetta and chorizo render a lot of fat when heated) and add the pancetta to one and the chorizo to the other, allow to fry stirring occasionally until both ingredients are cooked through and coloured
- Drain the excess oil form the pancetta and chorizo and add them to the bolognaise
- Stir in the paprika, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and crumbled stock cube
- Now comes the fun part…….. add as much or as little of The Organ Grinder as you dare! I’d advise adding a little at a time and then taste, you can then add more if it’s not hot enough! BE WARNED, A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!
- Stir in the red & black pepper and season with salt to taste
- Simmer on a medium to low heat for 20 minutes and the serve with your choice of pasta that’s been cooked in plenty of salted boiling water.