Twisted Chilli Con Carne
- Mix the minced pork and pork shoulder chunks with the malt vinegar and granulated sugar. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and leave to marinate for 20 minutes
- Dice one of the onions and the two chillies roughly (I would recommend leaving the seeds in, however if you feel the need you can remove them) and put them in a food processor with the garlic, coriander, cinnamon, oregano, marjoram, sesame seeds, chilli powder, paprika, brown sugar and cumin. Also some liquid from tin tomatoes and half of the ale/lager, blitz until you have a smooth paste (don’t worry if it seems a little wet)
- Fry the paste in some oil for a couple of minutes stirring all the time, (the fumes can be pretty pungent and can hurt your eyes, but that’s a good thing right?) be careful not to let it burn!! Transfer the paste out of the pan to a bowl
- Fry the pork mixture in a little oil to lightly brown. Once browned, add the last onion (finely diced) and the paste, together with the chopped tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, kidney beans (if using), white wine (using the wine to rinse out the tomato cans), the remainder of the lager/ale, Chocolate Sorz, chocolate/cocoa and then crumble in the stock cube. Give it a good stir to make sure everything is well combined
- Put the chilli on a low heat and let it simmer for approximately one to two hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Serve with rice, fresh chopped coriander, lashings of sour cream and fresh sliced chillies if you like it really HOT!!
This will produce enough to serve 8 people, so you could half the measurement or alternatively freeze the remainder for an easy meal at a later date (this chilli is like a fine wine and gets better with age).